Though the After Care staff attempts to adhere to a basic schedule, many variables exist which can create some changes from day to day in the timing of After Care events. A general schedule is as follows:
- 3:15 – 3:30 pm: Attendance check-in
- 3:30 – 3:45 pm: Activities and playtime, gr. K-3
- 3:15 – 4:00 pm: Homework and quiet activities, grades 4-8
- 4:00 – 4:15 pm: Snack time
- 4:15 – 6:00 pm: Playtime and/or crafts
A small snack and drink is provided to each student in the After Care Program. Students who have food allergies are encouraged to pack a light snack for themselves, as the snack assortment for the After Care Program is limited.
The staff will provide a reasonably quiet area to do homework, but the students are expected to willingly cooperate. The After Care staff will provide supervision, but should not be expected to act as a tutor or to accurately judge the quality or quantity or completed work.
- Students in grades 4-8 are required to work toward completion of their homework in designated homework rooms.
- Students in grades 2-3 are encouraged but not required to complete their homework.
- Students are not entitled to access classroom areas to retrieve forgotten materials once they enter the After Care Program.
During warmer weather months, students will have the opportunity to play outside under the supervision of the After Care staff. The program will follow the school’s policy for when to stay indoors, mainly due to inclement weather. Normal playground and recess rules apply to physical recreation during Aftercare.